I have decided that every couple of weeks, I am going to make a budget blog post that has great items under a certain price point. I think that it’s important to be fashionable yet frugal, and what better place to start than with shoes?
1. These Lucky Brand flats are to die for; the bright red/coral color paired with the leopard print on the toe are exotic and exciting for any girl on the go. They would dress up any outfit and could be matched with virtually any color.
2. The fuchsia color of these flats are sure to turn heads everywhere you go; the simple yet funky design of these flats would look amazing peeking out from under a pair of boot cut trousers or would be great with a dress and tights.
3. Kate Spade’s whimsical yet classic designs are flattering for any age, and luckily her brand has started expanding to create lower price points for those of us who are budget conscious. These blue on blue flats have the perfect amount of color to brighten up your mood on even the dreariest of days.
4. Everyone needs a good pair of gold shoes. To me (as I’ve stated before) they are better than Dorothy’s ruby slippers. This pair of ballet flats combines the classic elements of the shoe (the ribbon detail and dainty bow) with a fresh take on the material, using a great embossed crocodile pattern to create dimension.
5. I know many women feel that they have to look like supermodels to wear ankle boots – however, the key to this look is finding dimensions that work with your ankles and legs. If you have larger ankles, a bootie that is loose fitting will flatter your leg shape, while if you have dainty ankles, you can pull off a pair like these great black suede ones. I really like the little bit of metallic peeking out from the bottom of the arch; fabulous, no?
6. This pair of boots work solely because of the slit in the side of the ankle. They flare out just enough so that they look great on any leg shape and would look killer with leggings, a long tunic, and a black leather jacket.
7. I wanted to feature another pair of ankle booties, this time in grey, because I truly feel that they need to be embraced by all! These would look great with a pair of opaque black tights but would also look phenomenal under a pair of trousers and are generally more comfortable than regular pumps.
8. Nude heels are a staple for any wardrobe. This pair is jazzed up with a metallic toe and heel, creating an expensive look for a price that won’t break the bank.
9. If you don’t own a pair of black knee high boots, I beg you to order a pair before you buy anything else, even food. They are so versatile, and this pair from Steve Madden has a simple look that adds in two small buckles to create volume and sass.
10. This last pair of boots actually looks very expensive in person, and for under $60 are a steal for any wardrobe. The placement of each of the straps elongates the leg and looks a tad military-esque while remaining feminine.