For the beauty obsessed girl in your life, a pretty pick from a make-up store would tickle her pink. Here are a few of my faves for this holiday season!
1. I have heard nothing but rave reviews about the Clairsonic cleansing brushes. They have now come out with different brush heads for certain types of skin (sensitive, acne prone, etc.) which make them even better than before. The brush cleanses your skin gently without scrubbing, which ensures your skin doesn’t become dried out. There is a larger Clairsonic cleanser for $225 that comes with 3 speed settings plus a body brush head if you have a problem with body acne (especially the shoulders or chest.)
2. A friend gave me a gift card to Sephora for my birthday, and after hearing about the Naked eyeshadow sets for months I decided to purchase one. Best. Decision. EVER. The colors are glamorous, long-lasting, and can be worn day or night. The copper color (the 4th in the picture) is stunning, and I am able to use the more muted colors for everyday wear. The best thing about these is that they can be layered depending on the occasion; I can wear the shimmery shadows during the day without looking like a hooker. Expensive? Yes. Worth it? Absolutely. If you want to see how the shadows look on skin before purchasing, tons of blogs have reviews for it as well as the original Naked palette (and just keep in mind that they apply a lot for the full effect… it’s definitely not as dark as it looks.)
3. My mom, her best friend, and my best friend are all avid proponents of the Sugar Lip treatment. This balm leaves your lips feeling incredibly smooth and has a subtle tint that lasts for hours. It is pretty natural as far as makeup goes (no parabens, dyes, sulfates, etc.) and has SPF 15 to protect your pout from sun damage. I feel confident they would all give this a 5-star rating – as do I!
4. What’s the good in having tons of amazing makeup if you don’t have somewhere to store it? These makeup bags are a little more high end than those you’d find at Ulta or Sephora and would be a great gift for a designer-crazy friend. Just make sure that that the bag you pick is lined with plastic – there is nothing worse than trying to clean a cloth pouch due to smeared lipstick or spilled powder.
5. I am fascinated with Ciate products. They have some of the coolest nail polish treatments ever: velvet finish, beads that are reminiscent of fine caviar, and good old-fashioned polish that wouldn’t chip even under nuclear attack. This sequin treatment is so simple a child could do it – just paint your nail and stick it in the pot of sequins (this post had a great DIY pic of the finished product.)
I’d love to hear about some of your favorites for this holiday season! Have a great Tuesday!