Let me just start out by saying that if I were to purchase all of these items it would take over a full year’s salary, before taxes, to pay for it all. So this is truly a list for those who have it all; however, at Christmas it’s fun to dream, so dream I will. Go big or go home.
1. If I owned a home, I’d want a lovely chandelier over my dining room table where I would have a meal with my family each night. This Janice Minor mirror chandelier is decadent in every way – the three tiers create a simple yet stunning silhouette and the gold circles give the chandelier great dimensions that would play up any space.
2. Nicholas Kirkwood is known for luxury shoes that are wearable works of art; these are no exception. The rhinestone studs that make up the platform of the shoe are an unexpected touch that I haven’t seen before (which is truly saying something considering I get 8 fashion magazines per month.) They have an understated elegance that makes them conservative yet incredibly sexy at the same time.
3. From my experience, anything that comes in a little blue box is a gift that will make any girl squeal – add to that this stunning canary diamond ring and watch her swoon for years to come.
4. Hermes makes the most iconic bags on the planet. The Birkin and the Kelly are two of the most coveted bags on Earth, with the waiting list to purchase one being anywhere from three to five years. That’s right. Years. A Birkin gets more valuable as it ages and is a no-brainer for any high-end collector.
5. After I got my first job, I wanted to purchase a “big girl” gift for myself. While my Philip Stein isn’t encrusted with diamonds, it is a watch that has a classic shape and style that I can wear for years. The best thing about these watches is that there are over seventy different straps that can be interchanged to make the watch dramatically different each time it’s worn.
6. These Giuseppe Zanotti heels are ahh-mazing. They scream haute couture and if I had the good fortune to own them I’d probably wear them all the time (even with a bathrobe puttering around my house.) These are the type of shoes that make any woman, no matter her age, size, or style feel like a total rock star.
7. The Olsen twins fascinate me. They went from being teeny-bopper movie stars to the creative directors for one of the most successful luxury line of bags and clothing in the world. The Row’s collections have been created to make foundation pieces for a high-end wardrobe; they use only the best materials and are meticulous about every detail for each piece that is released. This bag, while simple, had a waiting list from the moment it was released if you really want to see something that blows my mind, check out this $34,000 alligator backpack that turned the fashion world on its head and created a such a frenzy that it sold out within days. You go, girls.