I wish I had seen this shirt before I made my Christmas list because it would definitely be on there! This shirt has it all – a sexy but conservative neckline, a loose fit that hides any extra baggage, and has buttons that go down the back so it looks as good in the back as the front. I love the idea of pairing this with black jeans and fun black pumps. These Zara court shoes are KILLER; I added a close-up of the toe with the rhinestone, stud, and spike decorations. Adding a black clutch with a geometric print is a nice contrast with the lace of the shirt. I also like a very simple ring and earrings to finish out the look. With the shoes and clutch, you definitely wouldn’t need any big pieces; this outfit has enough on its own. Absolutely fabulous!
For the beauty obsessed girl in your life, a pretty pick from a make-up store would tickle her pink. Here are a few of my faves for this holiday season!
1. I have heard nothing but rave reviews about the Clairsonic cleansing brushes. They have now come out with different brush heads for certain types of skin (sensitive, acne prone, etc.) which make them even better than before. The brush cleanses your skin gently without scrubbing, which ensures your skin doesn’t become dried out. There is a larger Clairsonic cleanser for $225 that comes with 3 speed settings plus a body brush head if you have a problem with body acne (especially the shoulders or chest.)
2. A friend gave me a gift card to Sephora for my birthday, and after hearing about the Naked eyeshadow sets for months I decided to purchase one. Best. Decision. EVER. The colors are glamorous, long-lasting, and can be worn day or night. The copper color (the 4th in the picture) is stunning, and I am able to use the more muted colors for everyday wear. The best thing about these is that they can be layered depending on the occasion; I can wear the shimmery shadows during the day without looking like a hooker. Expensive? Yes. Worth it? Absolutely. If you want to see how the shadows look on skin before purchasing, tons of blogs have reviews for it as well as the original Naked palette (and just keep in mind that they apply a lot for the full effect… it’s definitely not as dark as it looks.)
3. My mom, her best friend, and my best friend are all avid proponents of the Sugar Lip treatment. This balm leaves your lips feeling incredibly smooth and has a subtle tint that lasts for hours. It is pretty natural as far as makeup goes (no parabens, dyes, sulfates, etc.) and has SPF 15 to protect your pout from sun damage. I feel confident they would all give this a 5-star rating – as do I!
4. What’s the good in having tons of amazing makeup if you don’t have somewhere to store it? These makeup bags are a little more high end than those you’d find at Ulta or Sephora and would be a great gift for a designer-crazy friend. Just make sure that that the bag you pick is lined with plastic – there is nothing worse than trying to clean a cloth pouch due to smeared lipstick or spilled powder.
5. I am fascinated with Ciate products. They have some of the coolest nail polish treatments ever: velvet finish, beads that are reminiscent of fine caviar, and good old-fashioned polish that wouldn’t chip even under nuclear attack. This sequin treatment is so simple a child could do it – just paint your nail and stick it in the pot of sequins (this post had a great DIY pic of the finished product.)
I’d love to hear about some of your favorites for this holiday season! Have a great Tuesday!
I wanted to showcase some fun holiday party outfits that could work for any budget – many of these pieces could be interchanged and it would be easy to find cheap jewelry that would work with each of the outfits. My personal favorite is number four – I’d wear that dress with black tights and a fierce pair of black pumps. However, I loved the red shoes that give the dress an extra pop of color. What are your favorite looks for this holiday season? Have a great Monday!
Let me just start out by saying that if I were to purchase all of these items it would take over a full year’s salary, before taxes, to pay for it all. So this is truly a list for those who have it all; however, at Christmas it’s fun to dream, so dream I will. Go big or go home.
1. If I owned a home, I’d want a lovely chandelier over my dining room table where I would have a meal with my family each night. This Janice Minor mirror chandelier is decadent in every way – the three tiers create a simple yet stunning silhouette and the gold circles give the chandelier great dimensions that would play up any space.
2. Nicholas Kirkwood is known for luxury shoes that are wearable works of art; these are no exception. The rhinestone studs that make up the platform of the shoe are an unexpected touch that I haven’t seen before (which is truly saying something considering I get 8 fashion magazines per month.) They have an understated elegance that makes them conservative yet incredibly sexy at the same time.
3. From my experience, anything that comes in a little blue box is a gift that will make any girl squeal – add to that this stunning canary diamond ring and watch her swoon for years to come.
4. Hermes makes the most iconic bags on the planet. The Birkin and the Kelly are two of the most coveted bags on Earth, with the waiting list to purchase one being anywhere from three to five years. That’s right. Years. A Birkin gets more valuable as it ages and is a no-brainer for any high-end collector.
5. After I got my first job, I wanted to purchase a “big girl” gift for myself. While my Philip Stein isn’t encrusted with diamonds, it is a watch that has a classic shape and style that I can wear for years. The best thing about these watches is that there are over seventy different straps that can be interchanged to make the watch dramatically different each time it’s worn.
6. These Giuseppe Zanotti heels are ahh-mazing. They scream haute couture and if I had the good fortune to own them I’d probably wear them all the time (even with a bathrobe puttering around my house.) These are the type of shoes that make any woman, no matter her age, size, or style feel like a total rock star.
7. The Olsen twins fascinate me. They went from being teeny-bopper movie stars to the creative directors for one of the most successful luxury line of bags and clothing in the world. The Row’s collections have been created to make foundation pieces for a high-end wardrobe; they use only the best materials and are meticulous about every detail for each piece that is released. This bag, while simple, had a waiting list from the moment it was released if you really want to see something that blows my mind, check out this $34,000 alligator backpack that turned the fashion world on its head and created a such a frenzy that it sold out within days. You go, girls.
1. A good set of headphones is always a practical go-to gift for guys. These Bose ear buds have an ergonomic design that keeps them from slipping out of the ears (even during strenuous activity) and pack a punch in terms of sound quality. My brother has a pair of these and swears they are the best he’s ever had or heard.
2. Every man needs a good pullover sweater, and whether the man in your life likes to dress up or stay casual, this pullover by Tommy Bahama will keep him warm and is able to be tailored to match almost any kind of outfit. The pullover is made of a lightweight yet warm cotton and reverses sides for a completely different look. Two for the price of one!
3. With all the digital cameras now, it’s nice to see that Nikon has integrated digital technology with the classic camera design. This camera has a digital view finder and several different lenses that can be used to photograph a wide array of activities. Flashes, microphones, and remotes can all be purchased additionally to make this camera a truly individualized tool to capture life’s best moments.
4. While the name implies that this kit is great for a zombie-apocolypse, it can also be used as an advanced tool kit for a skilled hiker or outdoorsman. It comes with several different tools that can be used to set up camp or, apparently, cut off zombie heads. Use at your own risk.
5.As a different approach to a luxury watch, I like the look, weight, and feel of TAG Hauer’s “Link” watch. This timeless shape and metal would be a decadent gift for any man on your list; if silver isn’t your thing, they have a plethora of other face, metal, and strap options. These watches also very rarely need servicing, and the company is fantastic about quick repairs.
6. A cool pair of shades is another must-have for any man. While I’m partial to Ray-Ban aviators, I love the shape of these Carrera’s, and with a price under $80 they’re too fabulous to pass up.
7. The last item of this manly round-up is an All Saints iPhone case. Some men prefer to have a holster for their phones rather than a snap-on case. This all leather case is a great color and has style without being too feminine.